What are cookies?
Whenever you visit a website, the web servers send a "cookie" (or a small packet of information) past your web browser (Internet Explorer etc) and store it on your machine/mobile device. When you load a different page on the site, the cookie sends information back to the web servers.
types of cookies on this site:
These are used to help verify your account & device and perform technical authentication information, as well as the monitoring of sessions and storing any specific information about users who visit the site/pages. These cookies are the ones that can make the site load faster for you, allow quicker navigation around the site, automatically detect the required language and allow you access to restricted areas (member pages etc).
The Technical cookies are not persistent and they disappear when you close your browser.
Anxious-Adventurer.com is hosted on the Squarespace platform and uses single cookie analytics (included with the service Squarespace provide). This cookie allows us to gather information about any visitors statistical data For example, it allows us to determine if you viewed a page or opened an email. It is managed by third-party (Squarespace) cookies.
Cookies help me to provide you with a better experience when you browse my website. They allow me to improve and tailor the site for you. For example, I keep track of the domains (web addresses) from which people visit and also measure visitor activity on the site, but I do so in ways that keep the information anonymous. I use the information that is collected to measure the number of visitors to the different areas of the site, and to help make the site more useful to you (analyse which parts you seem to like/dislike etc).
Third party cookies
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how you use the site. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on the site.
- how long you spend on each page.
- how you got to the site.
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site.
We do not collect or store your personal identifiable information (for example your name or address).
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies.
how to disable cookies
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “settings”
2. Click on the url “show advanced settings”
3. In the “Privacy” section, click the ”content settings” button.
4. In the “Cookies” section, you can change your cookie settings.
For further assistance please refer to help pages within your browser.